13 ABC Greater Houston Members Earn National Awards
Houston, TX –March 10, 2016 – ABC Greater Houston Chapter proudly announces that 13 member companies won national awards during Associated Builders and Contractors’ 26th annual Excellence in Construction® Awards celebration in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
“I am amazed by the scope and quality of the Excellence in Construction projects, from manufacturing plants and museums to bridges and ball parks,” said 2016 ABC National Chair David Chapin, president of Willmar Electric Service, Lincoln, Neb. “Our winners overcame challenges like bad weather, site constraints and compressed schedules. They built it on time and on budget. And they kept their people safe. That’s how ABC members build America.”
The Excellence in Construction Awards program is the industry’s leading competition, developed to honor innovative and high-quality merit shop construction projects with eagle awards presented to the top project in each category. The award honors all construction team members, including the contractor, owner, architect and engineer. The winning projects, selected from entries submitted from across the nation, were judged on complexity, attractiveness, unique challenges overcome, completion time, workmanship, innovation, safety and cost.
A panel of industry experts served as the competition’s judges. This year’s panel included representatives from the Design-Build Institute of America, Engineering News-Record, the Construction Users Roundtable, and the National Association of Women in Construction and higher education.
ABC also honored member companies for their achievement in safety and diversity during the event.
National Excellence in Construction Eagle Award Winners
• SpawGlass Construction Corporation—Port Arthur Savings Renovation (Historical—less than $10 million)
• Performance Contractors, Inc.— Baytown Lubes Expansion Project ( Industrial— $25 to $100 million)
• Haley-Greer, Inc. – The Treehouse (All other exterior finishes)
• Standard Constructors, Inc.— LHC-9 Concrete Piling Installation (Other Specialty Construction-Industrial-Less than $25 million)
National Excellence in Construction Pyramid Award Winners
• E.E. Reed Construction, L.P.—Sierra Pines Phase II (Commercial – $10 to $25 million)
• S&B Engineers and Constructors, LTD. – Energy Transfer Partners Mariner South Export Frac (Mega-Porjects/ $100 million – $199 million)
• Satterfield & Pontikes Construction Inc.— Francis Hall Renovation ( Renovation- $4 to $10 million)
• Hoar Construction, LLC—One Lakes Edge (Multi-family and condominium projects up to $100 million)
• TDIndustries—ExxonMobil Campus Project (Mechanical)
• Aggregate Technologies Inc.— Lakewood Church 5th Floor Modifications (Other Specialty Construction- Commercial- Less than $1 million)
Pinnacle, Excellence and Merit National Safety Awards are awarded to companies with best-in-class safety records with Pinnacle being the top level of award followed by Excellence and Merit.
National Safety Excellence Award Winners
• D.E. Harvey Builders, Inc.—Pinnacle Award Winner
• CB&I—Excellence Award Winners
• Mobley Industrial Services, LLC— Excellence Award Winners
• Standard Constructors, Inc.— Excellence Award Winners
• PCL Industrial Construction Company— Excellence Award Winners
• Aggregate Technologies, Inc.—Merit Award Winners
• S&B Engineers and Constructors, Ltd. —Merit Award Winners